A Pretty Good First Pass, Then a Crash

Cool stuff. Where's the laser cannon? Bill Hotch


That thing is way cool, Keith! Brian Dean


Looks cool Keith. I can't wait for the 6 foot version!!! Clark Wimer



A complete mock up so far.
Keith Rowell Design

the batteries are yellow
the spring is green
the ball linkages are black
screws are grey
bearings are red
servo motors are blue

The file crashed after building it up to the avbove level. and I lost all that placement. I'll have to do that part over again. Basically, there's bearing at each end of the hip plat that the legs attach to, that's the pivot point at the top to correspond to the pivot point at the ankle. The ball rod (in black) is the third leg of the tripod to keep the bot's reference horizontal as transmitted through the foot.


That thing is way cool, Keith!

I never heard back from you on whether or not you have found the acceleration and velocity values that produce the motion that you are looking for. Have you had success with that?
I'm greatly hoping ServoMojo is going to serve your needs. When you said you were making a Biped walker, I had no idea it was going to be so well engineered. I can't wait to see your finished project. Let me know if you require any firmware changes on your ServoMojo to
support any special requirements you might have. Code space is very tight, but if you need a certain functionality, perhaps I can accomodate your needs.
Best Regards,
-Brian

Thanks very much Brian,
We were satisfied with the ServoMojo in our preliminary tests. At this point, we have to get some hardware and motors mounted to do more serious testing. Thanks for the offer to make modifications. I'll let you know if we have any suggestions at that point.

Comments

Popular Posts