So I start looking for Servo Controllers

I started researching how others were controlling multiple servos. I learned
that the accuracy is dependent on the time resolution of the pulse width.


You could try this for free
http://academic1.bellevue.edu/robots/robotsandstuff.html
He has code posted and the schematic. I have the compiler he uses if you
need it compiled.
Ringo

Keith Rowell wrote:
>
> Thanks for the feedback.
> on another note, I want to control 7+ servos and I want to avoid the "jitters" I've seen on the original Robo One bots for instance. Does anyone know what makes a stable servo control?
>
> I've read that servos need updates 30 times a second, what is that 333ms? Is that where the "palsy" comes in? Do servos under load "drift" off position during that time then snap back? How is this avoided in the newer Robo One bots?
>
> The following servo controllers look really good, but I'm unsure about the latency, and how that translates in to stable movement for multiple motors. Any Help?
>
> This one looks promising, fast serial control, Hex instead of Asci commands for speed. http://www.picobytes.com/PicoPic.html
>
> Keith Rowell
>
>
> > USB + AVR (or other processor of your choice) is your friend. ;)
> >
> > I say offload it to something else. PC's suck for doing real IO work. Price is one reason, real time performance is another, if you want to run an OS thats reasonably useful for other things that is, Linux or Windows for example, not VXWorks or RTEMS, or whatever. And yes I know there are RT extensions to Linux, but they seem to be a PITA to work with.
> >
> > Mike
>

Comments

Popular Posts