I contact Mike

Mike is a very encouraging about my project and offers to
advise.

Thanks Keith, I'm glad you like it. Feel free to ask me any questions that you have about it.

Later,

Mike


----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, February 28, 2004 12:07 AM
Subject: I love the minimechadon

I have the toy ATST from the starwars movie. And I've been wondering for years how to duplicate that as a robot platform. Your implementation is fantastic. I want to emulate your design.

I've built a few robots, no walkers, currently involved in a vacuum contest in Atlanta for May. I've been doing CAD since 85 and just finished a CNC class that's got me cutting instead of just drawing.

I mostly use the OOpic controllers, except for the palm pilot robot kit PPRK now sold by acroname "I have 3 of those".

I just want you to know that I'm serious, I want to duplicate your design. It's the best I've ever seen, and I've been scouring the net for a long time to find it.

You should really be proud of it. I thought when I saw the first picture "that's an impressive use of circuit boards as decoration and structure". You can imagine how suprised I was to see that it's not just decoration. Then I thought, walking is difficult, it must just be a very nice model. And so on ... I'm very impressed. The size too! incredible. I've got to have it.

One more thing, the way you've accomplished turning is very nice. I have thought alot about this, and I expected to put turning in the ankle, not much space for it there of course. Your answer is just brilliant.

I'll stop now. Please write a note back if you have time. I really, really, want to build one. Can you share it with me?

Keith Rowell
rowell@mindspring.com

http://www.mindspring.com/~rowell/keith.html

Atlanta Hobby Robot Club
http://www.botlanta.org/

Comments

Popular Posts